This versatile mix has a thousand uses. Use it as a coating to make light, crispy fish and chips or chicken tenders, as well as breaded cheese curds and coated vegetables. You can use it dry or as a dipping batter. Try thinning it to use as a delectable tempura batter. Foods absorb less oil and your cooking oil lasts longer with this batter.
Pan cooking: Coat meat or fish directly with gfGoodies Breading & Batter mix, or dip in egg or milk before coating with mix. Add your own spices for a unique flavor or enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce! Saute in butter or oil until brown.
Deep Frying: Heat oil between 350-365 degrees. Combine 1 cup Breading and Batter Mix with ½ cup + 4 tablespoons of water – it will be similar to the thickness of gravy. You can adjust the thickness, just be careful to not go to thick or the batter may not as crispy. Stir until well blended and then before each dip. Coat food and carefully sprinkle into oil so it cooks individually. Below temperature oil makes for soggy food.
Deep Frying Tips
- Let oil temperature recover after each batch of frying.
- Freeze cheese curds then and then thaw before using.
- We recommend cheese curds from Ellsworth Dairy Coop
- Try battering mushrooms, cauliflower, shrimp, fish fillets, onion rings
Ingredients: White rice flour, cornstarch, sorghum flour, tapioca starch, aluminum free baking powder, onion powder, salt.
- Click here for gluten free Corn Bread Stuffing recipe using Breading and Batter Mix.
- Click here for gluten free Corn Bread recipe using Breading and Batter Mix.
- Click here for gluten free Focaccia Bread Recipe using Breading and Batter Mix.
- Click here for gluten free Chicken Tenders recipe using Breading and Batter Mix.
- Click here for gluten free Corn Dog recipe using Breading and Batter Mix.
- Click here for gluten free Breaded Cheese Curd recipe using Breading and Batter Mix.