1-1/2 tsp Active dry yeast
2 tsp Sugar
½ cup Warm water (about 110 degrees)
1 ½ cups gfGoodies Breading and Batter mix
1 ½ tsp Xanthan gum
4 tsp Chopped fresh rosemary (2 teaspoons dried)
½ tsp Onion powder
½ tsp Table salt
2 Large eggs, room temperature
1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
½ tsp Italian seasoning (optional)
1 tsp Kosher or coarse salt
Olive oil cooking spray
- In small bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water. Set aside to foam for about 5-10 minutes.
- Generously grease cookie sheet and coat with corn meal, rice flour or Breading and Batter mix.
- In a mixer bowl, combine Breading and Batter, xanthan gum 2 tsp rosemary, onion powder, table salt, eggs, vinegar, and yeast mixture. Beat on low until completely blended. Increase speed to medium and beat 30 seconds longer or until dough starts to thicken slightly. The dough will be soft and sticky.
- Transfer dough to prepared cookie sheet. Spread dough to 11 x 7 inch shape. Use wet spatula and make sure dough is uniformly thick.
- Let rise in warm (75-80 degrees) place for 1 hour or until dough is about 2 inches high. Spray with olive oil and sprinkle with 2 tsp of rosemary and coarse salt.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees
- Bake until top is golden brown, cool on pan for 10 minutes before moving to rack. Brush lightly with olive oil.
- Serve slightly warm.
Optional: Top with sliced onions and tomatoes and/or use herbs of your choice.
Adapted by gfGoodies, from 100 Best Gluten-Free Recipes by Carol Fenster